Yes, it’s that time again. I know it’s cliche, but if I don’t make grand plans now, when will I? I want 2009 to be my year. All of us our year, really.
My life is in a time of transition, and I am busy sorting out my map, compass, and hiking boots. (Still working on the transportation for now.) Being who I am, I am setting sail in a very small boat into a wide uncharted ocean (as well as mixing my metaphors) and it is forcing me to re-invent myself on all levels. As a book I read when I was younger says, “A sailor chooses the wind that takes the ship from safe port.” And I am driven onward.
What, then, do I want to do in this year? To become? To achieve?
- Start my own business.
- Make money online.
- Plant vegetables, flowers, and window boxes (successfully).
- Overcome the things that hold me back the most in my life.
- Volunteer (though maybe not in the very immediate future).
- Help make the family company prosper greatly.
- Save 3 months living expenses by the end of the year.
- Really know God. (And ‘be being’ transformed and renewed.)
- Get all the fish sewn for my quilt project.
- I’d say conquer my pride, but that is a rather hubris-like declaration.
- Finish decorating my living space so that it is relaxing and rejuvenating.
- And, oh, I nearly forgot: Learn German! (Class, this is your substitute teacher, Sister Rosetta Stone…)